Shortbread, Herb Flavored Dry Mixes, various recipes
Easy-to-Use Shortbread Mixes
This listing is for any ONE of 7 different spice and herb flavored Shortbread Mixes
+ Scottish Shortbread, traditional
+ Orange Poppy Seed Shortbread
+ Lemon Lavender Shortbread
+ Chocolate Shortbread
+ Oatmeal Shortbread
+ Cornmeal Shortbread
+ Holiday Spice Shortbread
Shortbread is quick and easy to make and with these mixes all the special flavors are collected together to save you time and money. These blends include all but the liquids you need to make a dozen uniquely flavored scones. We raise our herbs so we know there are no preservatives or pesticides used.
We offer in this listing ONE of these seven mixes:
* Orange Poppy Seed Shortbread Mix- New for the holiday season 2012 this mix creates a round loaf you can cut into at least 12 wedges to serve with citrus teas and lemon butter for a breakfast feast. The recipe is simple and perfect for a budding baker. Contains: sugar, orange zest, poppy seeds, salt and flour.
* Scottish Shortbread Mix - Shortbread in a hurry, this blend includes all you need to make a pan of sweet shortbread. Just add butter to make a perfect shortbread to serve with tea. Shortbread goes with any tea but the plain is especially good with black teas and green teas.
* Chocolate Shortbread - just enough sweetness and chocolate for the perfect fix and goes with any black tea or green tea blend
* Lemon Lavender Shortbread Mix - This blend includes all you need to make a pan of sweet shortbread. Just add butter. Our base recipe has added herbs of lemon balm and lavender to create unique flavors. Make it following the instructions for a simple perfect shortbread to serve with tea. Teas with herbs to match the mix are the best with this. Try Rest Easy and Lemon Lavender Splash herb teas.
* Oatmeal Shortbread - a traditional flavor blended with spices for a great and hearty fall shortbread perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
* Cornmeal shortbread - makes a textured shortbread that is good with soups and teas.
* Holiday Spice Shortbread - a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves with brown sugar and flour makes this a basic shortbread with a great seasonal flavor. Perfect with any cinnamon- based tea.
If you would like to buy any combination of three Shortbread Mixes, check out the link.
At the Backyard Patch I use only the finest flour, sugar and herbal ingredients in my hand-blended creations for scones and shortbread. They are both unique and simple to prepare. Adding liquid ingredients or butter is all you need to do.
Each blend is packaged in a cellophane pouch and can be stored in any cool and dry location. Full instructions are included.
Like all blends from the Backyard Patch we guarantee an 18 to 24 month shelf-life, because we use only the freshest herbs. All Backyard Patch herbs are raised organically and are chemical and pesticide free.
For information on growing and using herbs and a showcase of our more than 150 herbal combinations for cooking, bath and tea, please visit our blog: www.backyardpatch.blogspot.com.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST:
We have a monthly email newsletter that contains coupons, articles on growing and using herbs and recipes with herbs. To join this newsletter all you need to do is click the previous link. We never share your information with outside sources